AJ&K GOVERNMENT VISION
"Plan and embark AJ&K upon the path to help the people of AJ&K become highly educated, skilled, fully employed, prosperous and a happy population by providing efficient services and financial resources to develop the latent economic opportunities utilizing local resources".
To plan for pro-poor integrated participatory development, aiming at resource conservation, value addition and skill enhancement.
- Planning and Development including policy and procedures. Co-ordination work relating to the preparation of the Annual Development Programme and its review.
- Execution and processing of all development schemes, programmes and proposals submitted by other departments including autonomous bodies and making recommendations to government thereupon; functions of the development working Party.
- Maintaining Liaison with the national Planning Agencies.
- Dealing with Autonomous and Semi-Autonomous Bodies in regard to development planning programmes and projects in AJ&K.
- Economic research.
- Co-ordination of technical assistance.
- To monitor and evaluate the progress of development schemes and their critical appraisal.
- Co-ordination of technical assistance from abroad including training facilities expert advisory service and equipment.
- Co-ordination of training of Local Officers and private sector candidates in foreign countries.
- Matters relating to the regional development projects (AJ&K).
- Price stabilization policy.
- Protocol functions in connection with visits of foreign economic missions and delegations; etc.
- Initiation of measures for giving suitable publicity on the results achieved from time to time.
- Service matters except those entrusted to Services and General administration Department (SGA).